As our award-winning children’s fiction list expands, Firefly has some exciting new opportunities in children’s publishing.
Please apply with a cv and covering letter to Penny Thomas at email@example.com
Closing date April 21st.
Sales, Marketing and Rights Manager (Hybrid or remote working considered)
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced manager with a remit and scope to drive business development at Firefly and contribute to its future growth in its tenth year of publishing. You will be responsible for running a small, busy sales and marketing department to promote our award-winning quality children’s fiction list.
As Firefly’s Sales, Marketing and Rights Manager your responsibilities will include:
– managing the sales, marketing, rights teams
– overseeing the delivery of effective sales and marketing strategies for growth in print, backlist, audio and ebook sales
– managing budgets and funding
– organising and attending trade fairs and other events
– working with the rights agent on growing rights and licensing opportunities.
Marketing and Publicity officer (Hybrid or remote working considered)
£26,000 to £28,000 depending on experience
As Marketing and Publicity Officer you will be part of a team responsible for creating and delivering innovative and effective marketing and publicity campaigns for Firefly’s quality children’s fiction titles.
This will include:
– working with authors, trade, press, festivals and reading promotion agencies
– supplying advance information and metadata to trade
– representing Firefly at events.
You will be experienced in using social media platforms and will have previous experience in sales, marketing and/or publicity, preferably in a children’s publishing environment. You will be deadline focused and have strong organisational and communication skills.
Assistant to the Publisher (Office based or hybrid. Full-time or part-time considered)
£24,000 pro rata
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Firefly office in south Wales; assisting the Publisher and other staff.
Duties will include:
– assisting the Publisher and other staff with administration (including some HR responsibilities)
– coordinating author events
– liaising with the Books Council of Wales and other reading promotion organisations
– fulfilling orders
– coordinating stock movement
– assisting with website content, newsletters and mailouts as required
You will have relevant experience, great organisational and communication skills, the ability to work to deadlines in a busy environment, and a keen interest in publishing children’s books. The ability to speak Welsh is desirable, but not essential.
Firefly Press is a committed equal opportunities employer and employs people on the basis of their abilities. Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, and we welcome applicants from a diverse base, regardless of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
For more information and a full job description on all posts, please email Penny Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org