Firefly Press is welcoming submissions from illustrators from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
As well as searching for new illustration talent to compliment our upcoming list, we are specifically looking for illustrators to illustrate children’s poetry, with a view to publish an anthology with the winners of the Rising Stars Wales Awards.
To be considered, we are inviting illustrators from BAME backgrounds to provide a sample of work to compliment one of the three attached poems, taken from our recent publication Daydreams and Jellybeans by Alex Wharton.
Guidelines for Illustration Submissions
- Please email email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday 1st July 2021, with the subject line ‘Illustration submission: [insert name]’.
- All attached images should be 198(h)x129mm(w), saved as your name and the title of the poem you have chosen to illustrate.
- Please include an illustrator bio that indicates how you meet the set criteria for consideration. This should include date of birth, and eligibility.
Terms and Conditions
- Submissions will be accepted from diverse (Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic) illustrators living in the UK.
- Submissions from students welcome.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- Closing date for entry will be 1/07/21 at 17:00. After this date no further submissions will be permitted. Only submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered.
- Firefly Press reserve the right to suspend publication of the Anthology if circumstances beyond their control make it necessary.
- Firefly Press cannot acknowledge receipt of submissions and are not required to respond to individuals with feedback.
In addition we are also keen to receive submissions from poets from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, to consider for the Rising Stars Anthology. The anthology is for 7-11 year olds. For poets to be considered, send three poems to submissions with the subject line ‘Poetry submission: [insert name]’… by the same closing date!