Firefly Press is welcoming submissions from illustrators from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds who were born in, or are based in, Wales.
As well as searching for new illustration talent to compliment our upcoming list, we are specifically looking for illustrators to illustrate children’s poetry, with a view to publish an anthology with the winners of the Rising Stars Wales Awards.
To be considered, we are asking diverse illustrators from Wales to provide a sample of work to compliment one of the three attached poems, taken from our recent publication Daydreams and Jellybeans by Alex Wharton.
Guidelines for Illustration Submissions
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 31st May 2021, with the subject line ‘Illustration submission: [insert name]’.
- All attached images should be 198(h)x129mm(w), saved as your name and the title of the poem you have chosen to illustrate.
- Please include an illustrator bio that indicates how you meet the set criteria for consideration. This should include date of birth, place of birth, current address (or home address if a student) and eligibility.
Terms and Conditions
- Submissions will be accepted from diverse (Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic) illustrators.
- To submit, applicants must have been born in, or living in, Wales.
- Submissions from students of Welsh universities will be accepted if their term time address is in Wales.
- Submissions from students from other universities will be accepted if their home and holiday address is in Wales.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- Closing date for entry will be 31/05/21 at 17:00. After this date no further submissions will be permitted. Only submissions to email@example.com will be considered.
- Firefly Press reserve the right to suspend publication of the Anthology if circumstances beyond their control make it necessary.
- Firefly Press cannot acknowledge receipt of submissions and are not required to respond to individuals with feedback.
In addition we are also keen to receive submissions from poets from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, born or living in Wales, to consider for the Rising Stars Anthology. The anthology is for 7-11 year olds. For poets to be considered, send three poems to submissions with the subject line ‘Poetry submission: [insert name]’… by the same closing date!